Vibram is an Italian company that has been making rubber soles since 1937 and is well known in the shoe industry for making high quality products. The soles are manufactured in Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Italy, and the United States. Vibram offers many options used by all types of manufacturers for new shoes and by thousands of cobblers for resoles and customizations. It’s rare there isn’t a Vibram option that will fit your needs.
The Vibram Cristy wedge sole 4014 is well known and used in the construction and industrial industries because it is a flat sole with a large surface area, has amazing comfort, and wonderful grip. Due to the special compound Vibram uses for this sole, it outlasts and outperforms similar style soles from their competitors. While in the past it has mostly been used on work boots, many shoe and boot companies now offer the Vibram Cristy 4014 on some of their new casual shoes and boots. We think it is a fantastic and versatile option and why we offer it for all kinds of shoes and boots. It really is that comfortable.
For a more detailed description of the Vibram Cristy 4014 sole option, please view this video from our “Sole Talk Sunday” series:
This service includes:
- Vibram Cristy 4014 wedge full soles
- New composite midsole (Black, Brown, Natural, or Leather for +$5)
- New cork inlay (as needed)
- Desalting treatment of inside and outside leather (as needed)
- Basic shine and buff (using Saphir Beaute Du Cuir products)
- Minor Welt repair (as needed)
- We will match thread color as close as possible to the original unless another option is requested (see below).
No charge options (please add choices to notes section on order):
- Top of sole thread color (Black, Brown, White, Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Pink, Purple, Beige, Green)
Additional charge service options (please choose via other service item listings and add to order):
- Full Welt replacement
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 3-5 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may increase after we receive your shoes and complete an in-person inspection.
Unfortunately, we cannot always determine the condition of your shoes until we have them in our possession. Sometimes shoes have more damage than normal wear and tear and thus require a more involved and expensive repair. If we determine more work is needed at an additional charge, we will contact you to discuss before any work is performed.