People often choose rubber soles instead of leather for more durability and foul weather performance which is why believe it is an excellent choice for resoles.
Dainite is an English company that has been making rubber soles since 1894 and the one we offer here since 1910. Many high-end companies offer Dainite rubber soles as an option on new shoes. According to Dainite’s website: Its original design was to provide comfort and grip in all conditions while not attracting or storing dirt. Its design is as valid today as it was then, making it difficult for dirt to accumulate and preventing dirt entering the home or office. Shoes are easily wiped clean if required as there are no cleats or heavy grooves to hold the dirt. The Dainite sole successfully achieved this aim whilst maintaining a smart timeless styling.
We could not agree more with Dainite’s own description and think it truly does offer a quality alternative to leather because of its durability, traction, and low profile which makes it a great option for dress or casual, shoes and boots.
For a more detailed description of both the Dainite Studded and Vibram Eton rubber sole options, please view this video from our “Sole Talk Sunday” series: https://youtu.be/cOrfZ6byGVI
This service includes:
- Dainite Studded rubber full soles (non-channeled stitching for Goodyear welted shoes only and open channel stitching for Blake stitched or Goodyear welted shoes)
- New composite midsole (as needed in Black, Brown, Neutral)
- New cork inlay (as needed)
- Dainite rubber heel toplifts
- Desalting treatment of inside and outside leather (as needed)
- Basic shine and buff (using Saphir Beaute Du Cuir products)
- Minor Welt repair (as needed)
- Minor Heel Base repair (as needed)
- We will match thread color as close as possible to the original unless another option is requested (see below).
No charge options (please add choices to notes section on order):
- Top of sole thread color (Black, Brown, White, Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Pink, Purple, Beige, Green)
- Bottom of sole thread color (Black, Brown, White, Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Pink, Purple, Beige, Green)
- Mid-sole color (Black with Black, Brown with Brown, Neutral with Red, or any combination you choose)
Additional charge service options (please choose via other service item listings and add to order):
- Cobblers Plus pre-made full leather heel base
- JR full leather heel base (made in-house from stacked JR Leather)
- Full Welt replacement
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 3-5 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may increase after we receive your shoes and complete an in-person inspection.
Unfortunately, we cannot always determine the condition of your shoes until we have them in our possession. Sometimes shoes have more damage than normal wear and tear and thus require a more involved and expensive repair. If we determine more work is needed at an additional charge, we will contact you to discuss before any work is performed.