Grant Stone French Toe Plates
We often suggest French toe plates to extend the life of a leather sole, when the way a person walks wears out the toe area much more quickly than the rest of the sole. Everyone walks differently and some people wear out the toe section faster than others. We also install French toe plates when customers want to customize a nice pair of shoes or boots. Toe plates can often be added to western style boots with round or semi-round toe shapes (please contact us with detailed pictures for advice before ordering).
We offer both brass-plated Triumph and stainless-steel LuLu toe plates. Both are wonderful options that help protect the toe area of leather soles and they look great too. We offer this service for existing leather soled shoes, leather soled shoes with rubber sole protectors, and as an additional service if you are ordering a full leather resole.
Please note that French toe plates are normally not compatible with full rubber soles and can only be added to new, or very lightly used, leather soled shoes. In limited cases, if the toe area of your leather soles are worn but not more than about 25%, we may be able to build-up your current leather sole for an additional charge and install toe plates.
For a more detailed description of French toe plates, please watch this video from our YouTube channel:
This service includes:
- French Toe Plates (brass-plated Triumph or stainless-steel LuLu)
- Reinforce sole stitching at toes (as needed)
- We will color match sole edging as close as possible to the original.
- Light shine and buff
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 2-4 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may increase after we receive your shoes and complete an in-person inspection.