Our Cobblers Plus house leather option is better quality than almost every standard leather sole available on new shoes. This is the resole option we have offered our customers for almost 30 years because we believe in the product. The soles are branded "Ruby Leather" and are a super prime leather. They are treated with animal fats to strengthen the leather, give it flexibility, and make it more durable. With normal wear and maintenance, they can last much longer than less expensive leather sole options.
This service includes:
- Cobblers Plus house leather full soles (closed channel stitching for Goodyear welted shoes and open channel stitching for Blake stitched shoes)
- New cork inlay (as needed)
- GTO rubber heel toplifts
- Desalting treatment of inside and outside leather (as needed)
- Basic shine and buff (using Saphir Beaute Du Cuir products)
- Minor Welt repair (as needed)
- Minor Heel Base repair (as needed)
- We will match sole edging, sole bottom stain, and thread color as close as possible to the original unless another option is requested (see below).
No charge options (please add choices to notes section on order):
- Top of sole thread color (Black, Brown, White, Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Pink, Purple, Beige,Green)
- Sole bottom stain color (Black, Dark Brown, Medium Brown, Neutral)
- Sole edge color (Neutral, Black or Brown)
Additional charge service options (please choose via other service item listings and add to order):
- Cobblers Plus pre-made full leather heel base
- JR full leather heel base (made in-house from stacked JR Leather)
- French Toe plates
- Full Welt replacement
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 3-5 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may increase after we receive your shoes and complete an in-person inspection.
Unfortunately, we cannot always determine the condition of your shoes until we have them in our possession. Sometimes shoes have more damage than normal wear and tear and thus require a more involved and expensive repair. If we determine more work is needed at an additional charge, we will contact you to discuss before any work is performed.