Leather Full Soles Like Original
Our Cobblers Plus house leather option is better quality than almost every standard leather sole available on new shoes. This is the resole option we have offered our customers for almost 30 years because we believe in the product. The soles are branded "Ruby Leather" and are a super prime leather. They are treated with animal fats to strengthen the leather, give it flexibility, and make it more durable. With normal wear and maintenance, they can last much longer than less expensive leather sole options.
Goodyear Welted Style: all options compatible and optional EXCLUDING Blake Stitch Welt Replacement is NOT compatible. Shoes with plastic welts MUST have welts replaced.
Blake Stitched Style: all options compatible EXCLUDING Goodyear Welt Replacement is NOT compatible
Molded Sole Style: Requires a "Blake Stitched Welt Replacement" and "Leather Stacked Heel Base" to resole and make shoe compatible all other options.
All sole styles include some form of channeled stitching.
This service includes:
- Cobblers Plus house leather full soles (closed channel stitching for Goodyear welted shoes and open channel stitching for Blake stitched shoes)
- New cork inlay (as needed)
- GTO rubber heel toplifts
- Basic shine and buff (using Saphir Beaute Du Cuir products)
- Minor Welt repair (as needed)
- Minor Heel Base repair (as needed)
- We will match sole edging, sole bottom stain, and thread color as close as possible to the original.
Additional charge service options (please choose via other service item listings and add to order):
- Leather stacked heel bases or Allen Edmonds Heel Bases
- French Toe plates
- Full Welt replacement
- Leather Care
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 4-6 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may increase after we receive your shoes and complete an in-person inspection.
Unfortunately, we cannot always determine the condition of your shoes until we have them in our possession. Sometimes shoes have more damage than normal wear and tear and thus require a more involved and expensive repair. If we determine more work is needed at an additional charge, we will contact you to discuss before any work is performed.