Many of our customers enjoy the feel of leather soles but want the durability of rubber ones. A great option is to add rubber sole protectors to leather soled shoes. They are available from 2mm to 8mm thicknesses for the glued-on style, make your soles last longer, and add more grip to your shoes. Sole protectors are installed on the area of the sole that touches the ground when you walk. For this service, we only glue the sole protectors because we think it is more than strong enough and makes future replacement less expensive because the shoe will not need to be stitched again adding additional cost.
For a more detailed description of sole protectors, please watch this video from our “Sole Talk Sunday” series: https://www.youtube.
Please email photos of your shoes, including the soles, before ordering thin sole protectors so we can determine if additional repairs are needed at an additional fee before we install sole protectors.
This service includes:
- Rubber Sole Protectors (glued-on for easier and less expensive replacement)
- We will color match sole edging and sole stain as close as possible to the original.
- Light shine and buff
- Heel toplifts are not included as part of this service listing due to the large number of sizes and styles. If you want us to replace the toplift at the same time we install sole protectors, please add the correct width/size (less than 1”, 1-2”, or more than 2”) “replace toplift” service item to your order.
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 2-4 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may increase after we receive your shoes and complete an in-person inspection.