JR Rendenbach (JR Leather) is known as the best leather sole option in the shoe industry. Several high-end shoe companies use only JR soles on their finest shoes. If you simply want the best, choose JR. Produced in Trier, Germany by the same family owned company since 1871, the leather is sourced from cattle in the Austrian Alps. The thick hides are aged in deep pits with tannage made from oak, spruce, and mimosa using a process that can take up to 12 months to complete. This process produces a tighter pore structure and makes the leather denser resulting in soles that are more water resistant and less prone to rot. JR soles are known to last 2-3 times longer than most other soles that come standard on new shoes.
This service includes:
- JR Rendenbach Oak Bark Tanned Soles
- New cork inlay
- GTO rubber heel toplifts
- Desalting treatment of inside and outside leather (as needed)
- Basic shine and buff (using Saphir Beaute Du Cuir products)
- Minor Welt repair (as needed)
- Minor Heel Base repair (as needed)
- We will match sole edging, sole bottom stain, and thread color as close as possible to the original unless another option is requested (see below).
No charge options (please add choices to notes section on order):
- Top of sole thread color (Black, Brown, White, Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Pink, Purple, Beige,Green)
- Sole bottom stain color (Black, Brown, Light Brown, Neutral, Red, Blue, Green, Purple)
- Sole edge color (Neutral, Black or Brown)
Additional charge service options (please choose via other service item listings and add to order):
- Cobblers Plus pre-made full leather heel base
- JR full leather heel base (made in-house from stacked JR Leather)
- French Toe Plates
- Replace Welt
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 3-5 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may increase after we receive your shoes and complete an in-person inspection.
Unfortunately, we cannot always determine the condition of your shoes until we have them in our possession. Sometimes shoes have more damage than normal wear and tear and thus require a more involved and expensive repair. If we determine more work is needed at an additional charge, we will contact you to discuss before any work is performed.