A shoe’s heel is made up of two parts; the heel-base is often made from leather for comfort, and the heel-toplift is often made from rubber for durability. The base is an important part of a shoe’s structure whereas the toplift is designed to take the abuse from walking and be replaced. The best way to maintain the heel base and minimize repair costs is to replace the toplift when it wears down but before you wear into the base and damage it.
We offer rubber and rubber/leather combination toplifts from several manufacturers to match what originally came with your shoes or another option if you want to try something different.
For a more detailed description of a full sole, heel base, and toplift replacement, please view this video from our YouTube channel:
(feel free to skip to 36:00 if you only want to watch the heel base and toplift portion)
This service includes:
- New heel-toplift
- Light shine and buff
- We will color match sole edging as close as possible to the original.
- V-cleats, special nailing patterns, and other customizations will be an additional charge.
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 1-3 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may increase after we receive your shoes and complete an in-person inspection.
Unfortunately, we cannot always determine the condition of your shoes until we have them in our possession. Sometimes shoes have more damage than normal wear and tear and thus require a more involved and expensive repair. If we determine more work is needed at an additional charge, we will contact you to discuss before any work is performed.