Vibram Eton 2055 Rubber Full Soles
People often choose rubber soles instead of leather for more durability and foul weather performance which is we believe it is an excellent choice for resoles.
Vibram is an Italian company that has been making rubber soles since 1937 and is well known in the shoe industry for making high quality products. The soles are manufactured in Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Italy, and the United States. Vibram offers many options used by all types of manufacturers for new shoes and by thousands of cobblers for resoles and customizations. It’s rare there isn’t a Vibram option that will fit your needs.
The Vibram Eton uses a different rubber compound than the Dainite sole which makes it less dense leading to a more flexible and softer sole. While it may not be as durable as the Dainite, we often suggest it for shoes that will be used for work and dress occasions in more urban environments. Neither the Vibram Eton nor Dainite is better than the other, they are just made for different uses. We often suggest the Dainite as a hard-wearing sole for casual shoes and boots that will mostly be used in foul weather and occasionally off the beaten path. We suggest the Vibram Eaton because while it works well in foul weather, it really shines in office settings and urban environments because it retains good traction even after the pegs wear out. There are no rules so if you want the Vibram Eton on your casual boots (or Dainite on your dress oxfords) we will be more than happy to accommodate you because both are great options.
For a more detailed description of both the Vibram Eton and Dainite Studded rubber sole options, please view this video from our “Sole Talk Sunday” series: https://youtu.be/cOrfZ6byGVI
Goodyear Welted Style: all options compatible and optional EXCLUDING
Blake Stitch Welt Replacement is NOT compatible. Shoes with plastic welts MUST have welts replaced.
Blake Stitched Style: Requires "Channeled Stitching" all other options compatible EXCLUDING "Goodyear Welt Replacement" is NOT compatible
Molded Sole Style: Requires a "Blake Stitched Welt Replacement", "Channeled Stitching" and "Leather Stacked Heel Base" to resole and make shoe compatible with all other options EXCLUDING "Goodyearwelt Replacement".
Stitch Down Style: Requires additional charge upon inspection. Please message through email, Instagram, Facebook or stop by.
This service includes:
- Vibram 2055 rubber full soles
- New composite midsole only if selected
- New cork inlay (as needed)
- Vibram Eton rubber heel toplifts
- Basic shine and buff
- Minor Welt repair (as needed)
- Minor Heel Base repair (as needed)
- We will match thread color as close as possible to the original unless another option is requested.
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 4-6 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may increase after we receive your shoes and complete an in-person inspection.
Unfortunately, we cannot always determine the condition of your shoes until we have them in our possession. Sometimes shoes have more damage than normal wear and tear and thus require a more involved and expensive repair. If we determine more work is needed at an additional charge, we will contact you to discuss before any work is performed.