Red Wing Recraft Dainite Rubber Full Soles
People often choose rubber soles instead of leather for more durability and foul weather performance which is we believe it is an excellent choice for resoles.
Dainite is an English company that has been making rubber soles since 1894 and the one we offer here since 1910. Many high-end companies offer Dainite rubber soles as an option on new shoes. According to Dainite’s website: Its original design was to provide comfort and grip in all conditions while not attracting or storing dirt. Its design is as valid today as it was then, making it difficult for dirt to accumulate and preventing dirt entering the home or office. Shoes are easily wiped clean if required as there are no cleats or heavy grooves to hold the dirt. The Dainite sole successfully achieved this aim whilst maintaining a smart timeless styling.
We could not agree more with Dainite’s own description and think it truly does offer a quality alternative to leather because of its durability, traction, and low profile which makes it a great option for dress or casual, shoes and boots.
For a more detailed description of both the Dainite Studded and Vibram Eton rubber sole options, please view this video from our “Sole Talk Sunday” series: https://youtu.be/cOrfZ6byGVI
Goodyear Welted Style: all options compatible and optional EXCLUDING
Blake Stitch Welt Replacement is NOT compatible. Shoes with plastic welts MUST have welts replaced.
Blake Stitched Style: Requires "Channeled Stitching" all other options compatible EXCLUDING "Goodyear Welt Replacement" is NOT compatible
Molded Sole Style: Requires a "Blake Stitched Welt Replacement", "Channeled Stitching" and "Leather Stacked Heel Base" to resole and make shoe compatible with all other options EXCLUDING "Goodyearwelt Replacement".
This service includes:
- Dainite Studded rubber full soles (non-channeled stitching for Goodyear welted shoes only and channeled stitching for Blake stitched or Goodyear welted shoes)
- New cork inlay (as needed)
- Dainite rubber heel toplifts
- Basic shine and buff
- Minor Welt repair (as needed)
- Minor Heel Base repair (as needed)
- We will match thread color as close as possible to the original unless another option is requested (see below).
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 3-8 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may change and we will contact you if there are any additional charges
Unfortunately, we cannot always determine the condition of your shoes until we have them in our possession. Sometimes shoes have more damage than normal wear and tear and thus require a more involved and expensive repair. If we determine more work is needed at an additional charge, we will contact you to discuss before any work is performed.