Vibram 4014 Double Soles Boots
One day a regular customer asked us to install the most comfortable and durable sole Vibram makes on his work boots. We explained that there is always a tradeoff between comfort and durability. Often, if you make something very comfortable, you may lose some durability. Similarly, if you make something very durable, you may lose some comfort. The customer did not want to compromise so he asked us for a different solution and that is when we began offering our special very-comfortable and super-durable custom Vibram two-sole build.
First, we install the Vibram Cristy wedge 4014 sole which due to the special compound Vibram uses for this sole, it outlasts and outperforms similar style soles from their competitors and it really is that comfortable. It is well known and used in the construction and industrial industries because it is a flat sole with a large surface area, has amazing comfort, and wonderful grip. Once installed we take off a little material, but not enough to affect comfort, to make it flat and ready to accept the second more durable Vibram flat sole.
Next, we install the Vibram flat sole of your choosing. We have several options to meet your individual needs whether you need your boots to perform on construction sites, in industrial environments, at the office, during the weekend, or all of them. The Vibram flat sole is the durable part of the build.
It is truly one of our favorite builds for work boots and has quickly become a customer favorite. To learn more about this special build, please view this video from our YouTube channel:
This service includes:
- Vibram Cristy 4014 wedge full soles (your choice of color)
- Vibram Flat Sole of your choice.
- New composite midsole of your choice.
- New cork inlay (as needed)
- Basic conditioning and buff
- Minor Welt repair (as needed)
- We will match thread color as close as possible to the original unless another option is requested.
Goodyear Welted Style: Midsole is included with resole unless upgraded to leather or Vibram options. All options compatible and optional EXCLUDING Blake Stitch Welt Replacement is NOT compatible. Shoes with plastic welts MUST have welts replaced.
Blake Stitched Style: Midsole is included with resole unless upgraded to leather or Vibram options. All other options compatible EXCLUDING "Goodyear Welt Replacement" is NOT compatible
Molded Sole Style: Must be evaluated prier to ordering. Please message through email, Instagram, Facebook or stop by.
Stitch Down Style: Requires additional charge upon inspection. Please message through email, Instagram, Facebook or stop by.
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 4-6 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may increase after we receive your shoes and complete an in-person inspection.
Unfortunately, we cannot always determine the condition of your shoes until we have them in our possession. Sometimes shoes have more damage than normal wear and tear and thus require a more involved and expensive repair. If we determine more work is needed at an additional charge, we will contact you to discuss before any work is performed.