Vibram Mini-Lug 430 Rubber Oil-Resisting Full Soles Boots
People often choose rubber soles instead of leather for more durability and foul weather performance which is we believe it is an excellent choice for resoles.
Vibram is an Italian company that has been making rubber soles since 1937 and is well known in the shoe industry for making high quality products. The soles are manufactured in Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Italy, and the United States. Vibram offers many options used by all types of manufacturers for new shoes and by thousands of cobblers for resoles and customizations. It’s rare there isn’t a Vibram option that will fit your needs.
The Vibram Mini-lug 430 uses a different compound than many other rubber soles making it oil resistant, durable, and grippy. Like the Vibram Eton and Dainite, this sole can be stitched. We suggest this option when a customer needs even more foul weather traction than the Vibram Eton or Dainite rubber soles. The Vibram Mini-Lug has a lower profile when compared to other lugged rubber soles so it can be used on many types of shoes and boots. While most of our customers choose this sole for their more casual shoes and boots, if you want to use it on a dressier pair of shoes or boots to give them even more traction and a more rugged look, we will be happy to accommodate that request.
For a more detailed description of the Vibram Mini-Lug 430 rubber sole option, please view this video from our “Sole Talk Sunday” series: https://youtu.be/MMAY4G4Na8k
Goodyear Welted Style: all options compatible and optional EXCLUDING
Blake Stitch Welt Replacement is NOT compatible. Shoes with plastic welts MUST have welts replaced.
Blake Stitched Style: Requires "Channeled Stitching" all other options compatible EXCLUDING "Goodyear Welt Replacement" is NOT compatible
Molded Sole Style: Requires a "Blake Stitched Welt Replacement", "Channeled Stitching" and "Leather Stacked Heel Base" to resole and make shoe compatible with all other options EXCLUDING "Goodyearwelt Replacement".
Stitch Down Style: Requires additional charge upon inspection. Please message through email, Instagram, Facebook or stop by.
This service includes:
- Vibram 430 rubber full soles
- New composite midsole only if selected
- New cork inlay (as needed)
- GTO Classic rubber heel toplifts unless specified
- Basic shine and buff
- Minor Welt repair (as needed)
- Minor Heel Base repair (as needed)
- We will match thread color as close as possible to the original unless another option is requested.
- 1-year warranty on our work (materials may have separate manufacturer warranties).
- 4-6 weeks turnaround time upon receiving your shoes.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their shoes to our store. Shipping instructions will be provided on your order confirmation email.
- Return shipping options and costs will be shown at checkout.
- Service prices may increase after we receive your shoes and complete an in-person inspection.
Unfortunately, we cannot always determine the condition of your shoes until we have them in our possession. Sometimes shoes have more damage than normal wear and tear and thus require a more involved and expensive repair. If we determine more work is needed at an additional charge, we will contact you to discuss before any work is performed.